The First Stranger You See Determines Your Mood for the Day.
For my case, its the taxi drivers. Yes another post on cab drivers, 2 very different drivers i came across this week. Seriously i came across too many kinds of taxi drivers until i think i can release a tell-all on them.
On Monday morning:
driver hollers: GOOD MORNING!
me: Good Morning Uncle.
After asking where am i going, the musically-inclined uncle started to sing 旧梦 by 彭佳慧. I recognised the song due to the infamous La la la la la la laaaaaaaaa ah laaaaaaaaaarrr.
Apparently, he only knew this line and kept repeating from the second traffic light away from my house to the junction at Hougang Avenue 2 after Seranggoon North Ave 1. In taxi terms, it meant he started humming the same old line/tune from when the meter showed $2.70 to $4.80.
It dawned on me that those morning birds in the park never sound so good before.
driver asked in Chinese: So you know what song is this?
me: err... dunno. (OF COZ I KNOW LA, I almost every song ALSO KNOW!)
driver: 旧梦 by 彭佳慧.
me: oh..ok... (Pretend to act blur when i even knew it was released in 1995)
driver: U don't listen Chinese Songs?
me: No. (it was my twin brother who went to KBox every week)
driver: You dont listen Radio ah? Then what your hobbies? Wheelchair???
me: err, ya i dont. HUH WHAT?
driver: er...the wheelchair-racing?
me: ya. (especially whenever the last train is arriving HAHAAHAHHAA)
driver: wah good good. Ya must exercise more la hor.
so i played along with him alittle and he proceeded to ask my medical history blablabla. Typical la. When i finally reached Ubi, it was $12.30. He forgo the 30 cents. HAHA.
------------------------------------------------------------------
This Morning (Thursday):
me: Uncle, Ubi. You just go straight all the way straight to Airport Rd, turn right.
driver with no reaction. silence all the way.
after 20 mins or so, at Airport Rd,
me: Uncle, here turn right.
driver PMS: I KNOW I KNOW.
me: Then turn left.
driver PMS: I KNOW I KNOW.
me: Traffic light turn right again.
Needless to say, he replied with the 4 MAGIC WORDS again. I was pissed by then, i mean what's his problem la. And so i decided not to guide him any further, besides errr he just have to go straight all the way for some time. HAHAHA.
After sometime, he sensed how come i never guide him anymore so he mouth itchy and asked: Now where?
me SMUGLY: I thought u know, after this traffic light second building turn left.
driver PMS: YA but u cannot expect the driver to know everything! We not robot!
WA LAO EH FUCKER. i swore that i will lodge a complaint against him after my trip. I dare not to talk further back to him, i scared wait he U-turn and bring me to Mandai Zoo.
Upon reaching, me (purposely): How much?
driver: Exactly $12.00
me: I know i know, i saw the meter.
He went to unload my chair from the boot super unwillingly. After i transferred, i slammed his door and scratched his car. Damn shiok.
I'm leaving office now for town, what else? To SHOP. Will blog again soon.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home